15 Sep How can Power Apps help you achieve more?
Empower your team with the Power Platform solutions
The Microsoft Power platform is more than the sum of its parts. By connecting Power Apps, Power BI, Power Automate, and Power Virtual Agents, you can empower your team to build and scale end-to-end business solutions.
Extend competitive advantage by linking all your data. Connect to hundreds of data sources using a library of connectors and Common Data Service—bringing data together in a single source so you can uncover insights as well as customize and extend Office 365, Dynamics 365, and Azure capabilities.
- Empower your team with the Power Platform solutions
- Power Apps overview
- Where to start?
- Through these templates you can, among others:
- Power Apps Training for Office
- Meeting Capture
- Power Apps Training
- Onboarding Tasks
- Help Desk
- Budget Tracker
- Site Inspection
- Service Desk
- Leave Request
- Innovation challenge
- Resource check
- Book A Room
- My Expenses
- Customer lookup with Customer Insights
- PDF Reader
- Customer Success
- Org Browser
- Product Showcase
- Interview Tool
- Estimator Pro
- Employee Engagement Survey
- Inventory Management
- Cost Estimator
- Asset Checkout
- Property Management
- Company Pulse
- Out of Office
- Opportunity Tracking
- To Do List
- Case Management
- Suggestion Box
- Health Plan Selector
Power Apps overview
SMBs need custom software and apps that are simple and easy to use. But building custom web and mobile applications can cost too much time and money as well as hinder agility.
Microsoft Power Apps can help. This low-code application development platform enables you to empower your team to build web and mobile apps that solve their unique business challenges. With the platform’s intuitive low-code capabilities, you can quickly and easily create apps, streamline efficiencies, and save costs.
According to Gartner, by 2024, 65% of app dev will be low code. By 2023, the citizen developers will be at least 4X the number of pro developers in enterprises. Could low code capabilities and citizen developers turn your ideas into apps that can improve your business?
Moreover, small/medium businesses need to stay agile to grow faster. Do you have software/applications that can scale with you to make governance and admin easier?
Challenges that SMB face
- Lack of shared or unified view across data
- Lack of resources or expertise for projects
- Siloed legacy systems or applications create barriers
- Security and governance across discrete systems is unruly
- Need for agility to support growth
Power Platform Solutions
- Connect data in a single source and increase accessibility across your business
- Seamlessly extend the capabilities, controls, and functions of Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power Virtual Agents
- Easily create connectors to custom or legacy systems
- Continually adapt and grow with a platform that’s natively extensible across Azure
Challenges that SMB face
- Technical debt
- Integration with 1st and 3rd party solutions
- Number of custom apps needed and the cost
- Customization and tailoring to a specific business
- Need for simple, easy to use, but custom software and solutions
- Demand for applications is outpacing IT delivery capacity
Power Apps Solutions
- Enable your team to build the custom applications they need, without writing code
- Empower them to leverage existing talent, save time and money, scale faster, and solve business challenges
- Extend capabilities, increase productivity, and reduce bottlenecks
- Connect with 350+ data sources and services to easily integrate and build apps
- Provide admin controls with enterprise-grade security and governance for protection
Where to start?
A wide variety of Power Apps templates and samples organized around themes, role-based features, and industry ready-to-use, organized by departments and roles, are available on PowerApps.com.
Through these templates you can, among others:
- Quickly classify your Outlook emails into plans in Planner.
- Create, store, manage, and access contact information from one central, easy-to-use resource—personalize each entry with images, multiple contact methods, and more.
- View meeting details, capture notes and whiteboard images, assign tasks and send them to all meeting attendees with a single click.
- View customer list and breakdown to see more: customer status, active work orders, sales order summary, and more.
- Browse open positions across all departments, view or add candidate information to each position, enter interview comments, and recommend hiring or not hiring each candidate.
- Submit a vacation request for manager approval. Select date ranges, add notes and manage free time.
- Keep your projects and events on budget with custom categories, easy data entry, and the charting options you need to see it all clearly.
- Track service requests, assignments, and work status for your entire team, without ever going back to your desk. Quickly prioritize jobs, add notes and keep track of tasks by the assigned technician.
Power Apps Training for Office
This tutorial is a step-by-step guide to working with Microsoft Office 365 in Power Apps. Contains key building blocks and learning resources for building custom apps that harness the power of Office 365 and the Microsoft Graph.
An all-in-one meeting capture tool. View meeting details, capture notes and whiteboard images, assign tasks and send them to all meeting platforms with a single click.
Power Apps Training
This is a training app that teaches you the basics of building your own Power Apps apps. With more than 20 exercises, each of which can be completed in a few minutes, you will learn to create your own applications in a practical way.
Allows new team members to update their Office 365 user profile, view an onboarding checklist, view their team, and access team content links.
Help Desk offers a user-friendly experience to connect end users with support professionals. Quickly find answers to your most important questions, track the progress of open tickets, and review details of past requests. This app will open with sample data, but requires a little setup to make it your own.
Keep your projects and events on budget with custom categories, easy data entry, and the charting options you need to see it all clearly. This app will open with sample data.
Whether you’re in real estate, property management, or insurance, Site Inspection lets you document, catalog, and reference real estate sites of all kinds with images, location, site details, and more. This app will open with sample data.
Track service requests, assignments, and job status for your entire team, without ever going back to your desk. Quickly prioritize jobs, add notes, and track tasks by assigned technician. This app will open with sample data.
Submit a vacation request for manager approval. Select date ranges, add notes and manage your free time.
Fundraisers provide employees with the opportunity to donate time and money to causes they are passionate about. Create a fundraiser for your favorite cause, set goals, and track performance toward goals.
Encourage employees to step away from their daily tasks and foster new ideas, confront problems, create change and make a difference. Employee ideas are submitted, reviewed and voted on so that the best ones can be funded for new projects.
It provides self-service capabilities to reserve the tools and equipment your teams need, while accurately estimating available inventory and more. Use this app as-is or build a canvas-based mobile app to connect to Dataverse data.
This fun app encourages co-workers to share work-related compliments, including push email notifications sent to recipients’ bosses.
Book A Room
Quickly find meeting workspaces – filter by date, time and location until you find the perfect spot. Book at the touch of a button.
Track expense reports from submission to approval. Count the line items as individual expenses accumulate and submit them for approval when ready.
Customer lookup with Customer Insights
This powerapp template enables organizations to take data from disparate sources and unify it for a richer view of their customers.
Use a PDF reader in PowerApps. View PDF files, search within files, zoom in and out, and much more.
This sample application is intended for use by functional roles such as Customer Success Managers or any role that includes delivering value to their customers on their charter. This app provides visibility into your customer details so you can answer any questions that may arise during an interaction. View customer list and drill down to view customer health, active work orders, sales order summary, etc.
Connect with your co-workers quickly: Do a simple search to find someone’s job title, their contact information, their direct reports, and their boss.
Create, store, manage, and access contact information from one easy, central resource—personalize each entry with images, multiple contact methods, and more. This app will connect to your Office 365 account.
Create an attractive and concise marketing presence for your products, company or events. Easily add videos, images, descriptions, and more, and quickly share it all with your customers. This app will open with sample data.
Browse open positions across all departments, view or add candidate information for each position, enter interview feedback, and recommend hiring or not hiring each candidate.
View your clients’ location and appointment details, create project quotes, and send details to clients, all within one app.
Employee Engagement Survey
Get a quick read on your team with a five-question survey. Create your questions and then use the results to build success.
View an inventory of your stores, browse an inventory list to see how many items you need to restock of each product, send yourself an email, and much more.
Provide your customers with accurate on-site labor and material quotes. User-defined fields and a custom sample catalog make it easy to deliver fast, personalized quotes. This app will open with sample data.
Keep track of the tools and equipment your teams need to get the job done. Document, catalog and reference assets of all kinds with images, location, asset details and more. This app will open with sample data.
Property managers can view available and occupied units, reserve available units for new tenants, and much more.
Browse a personalized company news feed (based on SharePoint) augmented with Twitter, Yammer, and trending relevant documents.
Out of Office
Set your out of office message and date ranges, and optionally clear your calendar for the duration of your absence.
Quickly sort your Outlook emails into plans in Planner. View a distribution list and assign tasks – perfect for a customer service or inbox.
Stay on top of active and potential business opportunities with account activity logs, new leads and contact details, milestones, and account information. This app will connect to your Salesforce account.
To Do List
Stay organized and on top of things with easy-to-create to-do lists, shopping lists, and more. Save time and stay focused with a simple and practical list in your hand. This app will connect to your Wunderlist account.
Keep track of cases and tasks across the team, without ever going back to your desk. Quickly prioritize jobs, add notes, and keep track of tasks and comments. This app will connect to your Salesforce account.
Users in a team or organization can submit their ideas and let the team vote on them. With separate views for user and manager logins, managers can approve ideas for your app.
Health Plan Selector
Help new hires explore company health plans and figure out which one is right for them. This app asks a series of questions to help determine which plan is best for you.
You may also like: