18 Oct EMEA 2019 – Wave 2 Dynamics 365 Business Central
More than 4,000 companies. This is the number of companies worldwide that are already working on the new version of Dynamics NAV known as Dynamics 365 Business Central. This figure was first announced during the Directions EMEA 2019 event, which took place from October 9 to 11 in Vienna. And it is not the only data that Microsoft presented at the conference. More than 91% of Fortune 500 companies are using Dynamics 365 or the Power Platform. In addition, currently in Appsource, the Marketplace for Business Central, more than 9,000 apps of functionality and services are offered.
Dynamics 365 Business Central
In this climate of positive growth, Microsoft revealed the novelties of the Wave 2 of Dynamics 365 Business Central. It focuses on helping companies move from reactive actions to proactive actions, from isolated views to connected views, from incomplete data to holistic data and from reporting activities to delivering results.
It should be noted that the release presented with Wave 2 is the first one that works only with the web client. That is, the Windows client has already disappeared. For this reason, many of the functional and technical changes focus on optimizing and improving the work experience in this client.
As for the novelties presented, they are divided into the following major themes. Let’s see below an enumeration of the main novelties.
More than 100 functional innovations and small productivity improvements have been presented in the last 6 months. Although we will explain them in detail in other articles, we present below a brief summary:
- Bookmark to add a specific page to each user’s navigation menu.
- Presentation of the Role Explorer: a page that shows a summary of the main work accesses of that work profile. Similar to what until the 2018 NAV version became known as the Departments menu.
- Possibility to customize work roles and create Work Areas from scratch.
- User level customization also in the menus and actions of the Role Center.
- Redesign of the size of the columns in tables similar to that offered in Excel.
- Save and customize views in lists.
- Great advances in filters for reports.
- Choice of filters in fields by multiple values.
- Multitasking: possibility to open pages in new windows to work with multiple screens or the screen divided into different sales.
- Visual company tagging to quickly find out which database company you are working with.
- Reintroduction of the notes.
- New shortcuts to work more agile with the tool.
- Noise reduction of the different tenants cohabiting on the same server. So all tenants get the same level of performance.
- Optimization of the display of Power BI embeded reports in the Work Area and the different pages of the ERP.
- Smart load balancing.
- Reduction and improvement of error messages.
- Múltiples entornos de producción.
- Números de serie sin bloqueo.
- Tareas que se realizan en el background de las páginas.
- Registro en el diario general que se realiza en el background sin afectar la performance de la página.
- Mejoras de velocidad en la búsqueda.
- Sintonización automática de índices en Azure SQL.
- El time out se ha establecido en 2 horas para usuarios no administradores. Para los administradores el time out continua siendo de 20 minutos por defecto.
- Improvements in telemetry to be able to detect problems in the facilities proactively.
- Changes the product life cycle for on-premise installations. Until now Microsoft offered product support for 5 years. As of now this support is reduced to 18 months. This change is intended to align with the cloud version policy. The version of Business Central April 2019 will be the last to enjoy 5-year support.
- The Business Central security team works behind the scenes to safeguard and secure the data of customers working with Dynamics 365 Business Central. The tool is already compliance with ISO27001, ISO27017, ISO27018, SOC 1 & 2 Type 2, HIPPA BAA y FERPA.
In future articles we will explain these functional and technical developments to explain how they will help you in your day to day work with Dynamics 365 Business Central.
You may also be interested: